ONIX for Books is the International Standard for representing and communicating book industry product information in electronic form. Use of ONIX/ XML for data share is the latest technology in sharing book information in the publishing industry.
There are Multiple Benefits of using ONIX:
- It enables an organization to deliver rich product information into the supply chain in a standard form, to wholesalers and distributors, to larger retailers, to data aggregators, and to affiliate companies.
- Greatly reduces support costs for your organization, as publishers no longer need to duplicate their data in multiple formats.
- More efficient and rapid loading of up-to-date product information into customer interfaces.
- Reduces need for manual intervention and much lower risk of error.
- Reduces the need to deal with multiple proprietary data formats, and hence reduces support costs.