Engagement ModelsWe strive to offer you solutions that will suit your business environment through our engagement models. We also understand that our clients need to focus on their business while we create an asset for them and hence we work with our clients on a highly flexible ground.
We can customize a model to address your specific requirements. Our engagement specialists customize the engagement model to work around the client enterprise specifics - from business goals, resource allocation, funds to project management. An efficiently developed framework guides all partnership processes, whereas a properly organized and structured cooperation is a way to combat risks while receiving all the benefits of an outsourcing venture.
We are very forthright with our interactions and this transparency is integrated into the engagement model we agree upon.
QualityWe ensure that the solutions or products we develop fulfils the requirements of our customers to the fullest. The only way to deliver quality product is to adhere with software development life cycle process and perform quality assurance at each stage of SDLC.
Our teams that work on the initial phases of requirement gathering and analysis, client interactions are highly experienced personnel. They go the extra mile to understand the client’s business processes and best practices followed in the industry. This enables us to fixate on the requirements as clearly as possible. This initial feasibility study lays down the foundation for a quality software which will help to automate the current manual process of the client thereby increasing the growth & revenue for the client.
Accurate and detailed test plans are developed during the development stage which covers functionality, error handling, performance and overall process of the proposed system. The testing is carried out during the development phases in 3 ways i.e.:
- Unit/Module Testing
- Integration/System Testing
- Acceptance Testing
Fixed Time PriceWe offer customers a fixed time / fixed price model when the scope and specifications of the project are reasonably clear. Under this low-risk model we work with customers to define expected deliverables and timelines to determine a mutually agreed fixed price. 10-20% contingency can be added to the total value cost to accommodate change requests to avoid unnecessary delay in request and approval steps.
Time and MaterialWe give clients greater flexibility to alter the project specification on an ongoing basis based on upcoming market trends through the time & Material Business Model.
Milestone BillingPayment schedules are defined on milestone basis. These milestones are worked out basis our client’s business requirements. Milestone billing model reinforces progress monitoring and reduces large projects risks.
Dedicated Development TeamOur collective organization experience is diversified across all levels. We analyse the projects to design the right team for it. We form experienced project teams with the required team members, project managers, equipment and infrastructure based on the customer requirements.
Estimation ProcessCost estimates are projections of required effort, time, and staffing levels. All estimates, particularly those made at the beginning of a project, are based on assumptions and hence are shared as a range with an indication of accuracy, i.e., least, probable, and most, with the least and most values representing the upper and lower bounds of the projected cost. We are very transparent at working things through and will be in constant communication in case of any changes.
Project ManagementAt VRVirtual, we understand that any project success is directly related to sound project planning and management. Our approach to project planning & management enables us to develop cost effective business oriented solutions for our customers. Our project managers closely monitor each and every phase of SDLC and make necessary changes according to changing customer requirements and time.
The first task of a project manager is to define the scope and process to be covered in the project. The next step would be to develop a project plan and a communication plan. The project will be audited during the development phases and cross checked with the final functional document approved by the client.
A software product's development lifecycle is comprised of five phases:
- Requirements: What features will the software have?
- Design: How will the software offer these features?
- Coding: How will the features be coded?
- Testing: How will the software be tested?
- Implementation & Delivery: How the software be implemented and delivered to the customer?
At VRVirtual, we usually follow following development process:
- Requirement analysis – VRVirtual will appoint a project manager to the project. The project manager will have 4-5 rounds of discussions/ meetings with the client. The client gives specifications of what all features are expected from the system. The meetings will continue till all aspects of the project have been discussed and detailed out with the client.
- Functional Study Document & Design Template – Based on the initial discussions with the client, a functional study document is prepared. The client is given a walkthrough of this functional study document. The functional study document is revised and changes are made (if any) after various discussions with the client.
- Approval of Functional Study Document along with Design Template – The functional study document is then sent to the client for approval. After a client sign off is received on the functional document, static screens and 2-4 design templates are created by VRVirtual. These static screens represent the process flow of the proposed application. These static screens normally cover input screens, report formats, profiling and access rights. While all this is being done, design templates are created for the proposed application and sent to client for approval.
- Development – After the approval of process and design templates, VRVirtual send the costing for the project. The cost estimation is done on the basis of number of man days required for the completion of the project. Once the costing is finalized, a detailed project schedule chart for the project is prepared and shared with the client. During the development of the project, there are continuous interactions with the client and a daily update is provided on the project status.
- Unit & Integration Testing – After the functional specifications have been prepared, a walkthrough is provided to the client and post approval detailed test cases are prepared. Functionality testing is carried out on the basis of these test cases. Errors and bugs are rectified at this stage. After one level of unit testing is done, validation testing is done by team lead. This helps in cross checking the testing done. After validation testing integration testing is done. Integration testing checks for process gaps or process failures while integration different units together.
- Acceptance Testing – Acceptance testing is carried out against supplied input data by the customer. The results obtained are then compared with the expected results. If there is correct match for every case, the test suit is said to be passed. If not, then system is modified as per the specifications given by the customer.
- Implementation/Deployment – During implementation phase, project is made live for the client. User manual of the software is prepared and handed over to client. Proper trainings are given to all who will be using the application under live data. Clients are requested to use the application for at least 7-10 days. Any feedback given by the client during this period is analyzed and implemented if feasible.
- Maintenance – This phase of software life cycle includes maintaining the project, giving support to the client both technical & functional, clearing the bugs/ errors in the application. If a defect is discovered, a change request (CR) is entered. Change request may also include requests for new features, enhancements, corrections and so on. Once the CR is completed it is submitted for approval. Once CR is approved by the project manager and client change is carried out.
SupportWe At VRVirtual continuously strive to provide products of the best quality to our clients. We also consciously know that a relationship does not end with the hand-over of the job done. We also believe a project does not become a success until it has been successfully implemented/deployed. Each of our projects which we deploy comes with an inbuilt “ERROR REPPORTING MODULE”. This Error Reporting Module helps customers using the application to log in the errors, bugs or any other problem which they might face during application usage. We at VRVirtual have a well-trained and dedicated team of executives which will look into the problems raised by the customer. Our turn-around time for resolution of these queries will be almost instantly, except errors that might involve more investigation.
Our Core Support Process includes:
- Proactive actions based on client responses
- Instant response to client queries
- Quality Assurance
- Defect analysis & solution
- Measurement analysis
- Change analysis